Solar photovoltaic (PV) panels capture the sun’s energy and convert it into electricity that you can use for a variety of purposes. By installing solar panels, you contribute more to renewable energy resources, reduce your carbon footprint, and cut your electricity bills.
PV panels come with various cells made from layers of semi-conducting material, most probably silicone. When light shines on the material, a flow of electricity is generated. Each panel can generate around 200-350W of energy in strong sunlight. Typical systems carry 10-15 panels and generate DC electricity. Because electricity used for household appliances is AC, an inverter is required to be installed alongside the system to convert DC into AC.
Why Should You Use Solar Energy?
Solar energy has become economical and easier to generate than ever. In fact, people these days are now looking for smart renewable energy sources to limit environmental threats and carbon emissions.
- Renewable – Ever-changing technologies will continue to harness the power of the sun in the easier manner possible.
- Clean – The carbon footprint of solar panels is small as the materials used are clean and recyclable.
- Save Money – Significant amount of savings in electricity bills because you are generating and using the power of the sun.
- Low Maintenance – Once installed, solar panels require less maintenance. They are typically installed at an angle that keeps dust and dirt away. As long as you keep it away from dirt, it could last for many years.
- Efficient – It is an efficient way of generating energy by transmitting energy from power plants across various networks.
Why Install Solar Panels?
When it comes to installing solar panels, space is a crucial factor. Any building, chimney, or tree can shade your roof and have an adverse impact on system performance. Finding an unshaded spot is the best, but sometimes the shading is inevitable. Some PV systems can reduce the impact of shading using optimizers.
Benefits of Solar PV Panel:
- PV panels provide green energy, produced by nature, and thereby, economical and abundant.
- Solar energy can be available anywhere there is sunlight
- Ensure a promising future both for economical visibility and environmental sustainability
- Low operating and maintenance costs as compared to other renewable energy systems
- It produces no noise at all, perfect solution for urban areas and residential applications
- Cooling PV panels are an effective solution to energy demand peaks, especially on hot summer days
- Residential solar panels are easy to install on rooftops or ground without any interference to the residential lifestyle
The Most Efficient Solar Panels
There are two kinds of solar panels – PV and Thermal. The most commonly used is photovoltaic solar panels (PV), which capture the sun’s solar energy and convert it into electricity to further power your household appliances. The other type is solar thermal, which allows you to heat water for your home. Most homeowners prefer solar PV over thermal as they tend to use more electricity for various applications and achieve an efficient way to cut down on bills.
Choosing solar PV for your residential or even commercial areas can generate clean renewable energy and reduce operating costs, making it a worthwhile investment. For solar PV panels, PV inverter, roof mounting system, hot water system, optimisers, PV cables, and connectors, you can always count on Suntask.ie.