We all are surrounded by tech devices nowadays. Not just our devices and equipment for comfort and pleasure, but our utilities too are getting smart. The heating too has gone through a big evolution in the last few years and now you can’t just have an advanced heating system in your home, but you can control how to heat the rooms the way you want.
This is possible with thermostatic radiator valves (TRV). These are compact-sized devices that are easily fitted on the radiators. You can use the TRVs to set the temperature of a particular room. The TRVs detect the room temperature and turn on or off the radiator by assessing whether the particular room needs heating or not. One of the biggest advantages of having such valves is that by controlling the temperature you reduce your energy costing extensively.
While thermostatic radiator valves are highly beneficial in today’s times, there is more to this. Instead of going for the traditional TRVs, you can opt for the WiFi TRVs. Well, the term would be enough for you to understand more about such TRVs. Being connected over a WiFi network, you can control these TRVS through a smartphone app from your device.
These WiFi TRVS come with their own temperature setting, easily managed from your phone. With a WiFi radiator valve, you aren’t required to purchase a separate smart thermostat or connecting device. When you are trying to have an effective heating system installed at your premise with each room equipped with radiator, opting for WiFi TRVs would prove to be highly beneficial in the long run. It won’t just provide you with comfort and ease of controlling room temperature but will save hugely in cost.
Key Tips for Making Use of WiFi TRVs
- Using a TRV in addition to your room thermostat will help you in heating the room perfectly, without having the room being overheated.
- Your thermostat is a very handy device. However, it can’t do everything, specifically it can’t control which room you want to heat and which you don’t at the same time. This control is something that a TRV is best suited for.
- When you have a fixed room thermostat you can do without having a radiator valve. However, if you want to go with a radiator valve for such room, ensure that you pick one of proper and right size specific to the room heating needs.
- Using TRVs comes in handy also for the rooms that you rarely use. WiFi TRV helps you to warm up a room when needed and put the radiator on off when it isn’t in use.
- Make sure that you aren’t adjusting the vale settings too often or constantly as it won’t be of any help and could hamper the working performance of your TRV.